During a Chapter Convention, the Steering Committee Officers for the 2022-2023 term will be voted on! The nominees who receive two unique nominations from chapter members and accept will be candidates on the online ballot from Monday, January 3 to Sunday, January 9. They will give statements at a town hall session at the convention on Saturday, January 8.
To make a nomination, please use this form by Wednesday, December 15.
To join our AMA Candidates chat, please join at this link
Please consider the following information before you proceed:
- Only members in good standing can nominate (this means those who have become official DSA members, to become a member click here, to check your membership status click here)
- Only members in good standing can run as candidates and accept nominations
- Only members in good standing will be able to vote on the final candidates
- Each member needs at least 2 nominations to run for any position, self-nominations are not allowed
- Nominees have to accept their nominations and they can only run for 1 position
- Members can nominate more than 1 person per position
- 4 positions are open: 2 Co-chairs, 1 treasurer, 1 secretary.
- Once the candidates are confirmed only 1 co-chair position can be filled by one cis male. For that reason, we encourage all non-cis males to run for candidacy
- The Steering Committee is elected for 1 year
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions and meet the candidates during our convention (January 8th-9th)
- Nominees who accept their nomination should send Alessandro (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nicole (email@example.com) a short bio (up to 250 words) about themselves, why they are running, experience, any other information they esteem important (caucus/union affiliation, etc.).
- Members can nominate candidates in case of emergency up to 5 days before the start of the convention (January 8th)
- The elections will happen electronically and you will receive a link on January 3rd